No products in the cart.
How long will it take to receive my order?
- Delivery will be in 4 weeks.
How will my order be shipped?
- DHL. We’ll email you tracking info when your order ships.
How much is shipping?
- Free on orders over $150. Otherwise, $20.
Will I have to pay extra customs charges?
- This amount varies with each suit. Customers are responsible for paying their local duty or taxes on shipments.
What countries do you ship to?
- We ship worldwide
How do I change my shipping address?
- Give us a call at 1-844-4GO-YORK or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, preferably before your order ships.
Does DHL require a signature on delivery?
- Yep. They’re fancy that way.
Can I rush my order?
- Unfortunately, no. You can’t rush greatness.
My suit doesn’t fit, what options do I have?
- We’ve got you covered. Need minor adjustments? We’ll cover the cost of your local tailor up to $50 per garment. Need major adjustments? We’ll make you a new suit from scratch. Still not quite right? We’ll give you a full refund – no questions asked.
*Credit only applies to custom made suits.
How much does Gentlemen of York for local alterations?
- We cover up to $50 per garment.
*Does not apply to ready to wear suits.
How do I get reimbursed for alterations?
- Submit your receipt and alterations form here. The window to apply is 60 days from shipment, so make sure you submit before then.
I need a remake. What do I do?
- Here at Gentlemen of York, we don’t rest until your suit fits. So if your tailor isn’t able to help you out, not to worry. You can apply for a remake, here’s how:
- Put the garment(s) on and send us at least THREE (3) clear photos. A FRONT, BACK and SIDE view are required and make sure photos are no bigger than 2MB.
- Now tell us how can we make the garment fit you better. While wearing the item(s) write down what areas need to be let out or taken in. You can do this by pinching areas that are too large and measuring how much you’ve pinched or, for any area that is too tight, simply measure how much extra you need to feel comfortable. For example:Pants:
Hips +0.75″ in
Thigh +1″ in
Pant Length -2″ in
- Not all issues are easily explained with measurement adjustments, and that’s okay! Give us a short description of anything you aren’t sure about. For example, “the armholes of my jacket are tight” or; “the lapels don’t lay flat on my chest”. Our experienced tailors will review your photos and comments and make the necessary tweaks.Still feeling like you could use some extra help? Give us a call at 1-844-446-9675, and a Customer Care Specialist will walk you through the process.
How long does it take to do a remake?
- We remake everything from scratch, so it will take up to 30 days.
How should I return my order?
- Please file for a return at email@example.com. Product must be returned within 14 days of receiving the shipment. Garments must be in an unworn – unused condition to be eligible for a refund.
What type of packaging should I use to return?
- The smaller the box, the better; no need to use the original packaging. Let’s be good to the environment.
Do I need to return the original item in order to proceed with a remake?
- No need – we know where you live! Wait until you receive your remake and are happy with the fit, and then we’ll arrange to take back the originals.
If the remake doesn’t fit, what options do I have?
- First of all, your patience has been legendary. We’re in this together, and we’re almost there. We’re willing to give it another shot to get it right if you are. If not, we’ll give you a full refund, go our separate ways, and hope we can still be friends.
Do I need a tailor to take my measurements?
- Not at all. It’s simple. Take measures into your hands with our handy instructions.
Can I use the measurements from a suit I own?
- Yes you can. Contact us and we will send you a form to fill out for your suit.
Where do I get a tape measure?
- We’ve got you covered. Consider it your first step to becoming a gentlemen of york.
How do I ensure my measurements are accurate?
- Follow our handy instructions and you can’t go wrong. That said, there’s a chance some of your garments won’t fit the way you want right out of the box; minor alterations might be needed. If that’s the case, we’ll cover the cost. We want to make sure you’re happy, so it’s a breeze if you order again in the future.
The numbers listed online are not the same as the measurements for my “off the rack” clothing. Is this a mistake?
- No mistake. Off the rack sizing actually varies a lot. Welcome to the world of custom. Sizing as you know it is about to change.
Can I see my body measurements in my account profile?
- Yes you will see your full body measurements that you provided using our measurement guide.
Can I change the body measurements in my account profile?
- You can log in to your profile anytime to update your measurements. You can use the guide or use our quick update option.
Can I have multiple measurements on one profile?
- Is that you, Bruce Banner? If you’re the Incredible Hulk, we can work something out. Otherwise, typically no.
Why was I contacted to redo certain measurements?
- Our fancy computer system can predict a measurement range based on your age, height, and weight. It sure beats astrology and phrenology, but it’s still not an exact science. If any of your measurements look off, we just want you to double-check them.
What payment methods do you accept?
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express, PayPal, and Gentlemen of York Gift Cards.
What currency is used for transactions?
- We list our products in US, CDN and EUR online. All sales in person are in CDN funds.
Will there be sales tax on my order?
- If you live in Canada, your shipping address provincial taxes will apply. If you live outside of Canada, no tax will be applied.
Do you have gift cards?
- We sure do.
How do I use my gift card?
- Enter the unique code on the back of your card (or in your email if you received an Email Gift Card) at checkout.
Can I use two coupons at once?
- No, you can’t use two coupons at once, but you can use gift cards and coupons together.